St Andrew’s Church, Leigh
- will continue to remain open every day in the hours of daylight;
- from Friday to Sunday between the hours of 10am and 11am someone will be in the church to share your thoughts in an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity;
- on Mothering Sunday (Sunday 22nd March) please collect a posy of flowers and greenery from the porch from 10am;
- we will continue to be a collecting point for donations of tinned or dried food for Sherborne Food Bank (please put your contribution in the coloured box by the organ at the back of the church);
- we also have an Emergency Box in the church by the vestry for villagers who suddenly find themselves in need of tinned or dried food.
The Leigh Village Hall is closed from midday today, 20/03/20 for 10 weeks or the end of May.
In line with Government directives we will revue the situation at that time or earlier if necessary.
The committee apologise for any inconvenience. These are harsh measures but we live in an unprecedented time.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, all social events within the village have been cancelled.
I have set up a support page which will include all of the latest news for the village regarding Covid-19
Obviously there are going to be some people in need of help over the next weeks and months and we have therefore set up a support network. If you need help, or are able to offer help then please have a look here
The support group will be using whatsapp to co-ordinate responses, so you will need a phone which supports whatsapp
We are looking for as many people as possible to join the group as circumstances will be changing daily. Many hands make light work.