TWO LEIGH PARISH COUNCILLOR VACANCIES
Have you considered being a parish councillor for Leigh’s Parish Council?
The parish council is the lowest tier of government, at local level and as such it is the most
in contact with everyday life in a village like Leigh, making it a rewarding role.
Currently Leigh Parish Council is seeking to fill two vacancies for parish councillors by cooption,
hopefully at the next Council meeting on Tuesday 17th May 2022.
If there are more volunteers than vacancies, there will be a selection process with the
parish council before, or at the next council meeting on 17 May 2022.
All volunteers for consideration must be qualified as if for election as a member of the council, ie:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any member state of the European Union,
- and • meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish/community in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish/community area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish/community area.
- You have lived in the parish/community area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
- And you are not disqualified.
You may also find guidance on the PDF which can be downloaded here.
Training is provided for successful candidates and whilst parish councillors are unpaid, they
are entitled to expenses incurred whilst carrying out their duties as a councillor. Please see
uploaded guides on the Parish Council section of the website.
The successful volunteer councillor will be asked to complete a Declaration of Acceptance
of Office and complete an electronic Register of Interests.
Please contact the Parish Clerk on or land line
01935 872380 to volunteer and to be told the next steps, or to ask any
questions. All expressions of interest, please, by no later than Monday 2nd
Please see the message below produced by Dr Rob Childs.
Circulated by the Grove Patient Participation Group.
We held a walk in clinic in the Digby Hall yesterday and we gave another 240 vaccines in a couple of hours. People are still coming forward for their vaccine, whether it is their first, second or booster. Numbers of Covid cases are on the rise locally now as Omicron becomes dominant. Hospital numbers are increasing too. The most striking statistic is that over 70% of Covid patients in Intensive Care Units are unvaccinated against Covid. So please get your vaccination whether it be your first, second or booster.
Locally we have had great uptake of vaccine and yesterday saw us give our 50,000th dose in the Digby Hall since we started on January 4th 2021.
High uptake of vaccine should reduce our risks considerably. Thanks to you if you have had your vaccines and thanks again to all those who have made it possible.
The vaccination clinic in the Digby Hall will now be closed until early in the New Year. For those of you who missed us yesterday or earlier and wish to be vaccinated there are other walk in opportunities locally
The Gateway Community Church Thurs 23 Dec 2021 09.00 – 19.45 Addlewell Ln, Yeovil BA20 1QN.
The Gateway Community Church Fri 24 Dec 2021 09.00 – 12.00 Addlewell Ln, Yeovil BA20 1QN.
Tesco Upper Level Fri 24 Dec 2021 14.00 – 17.00 Queensway Pl, Yeovil BA20 1DL.
Haynes Motor Museum Mon 27 Dec – Tues 28 Dec 2021 08:30 – 19:30 Sparkford, Yeovil, BA22 7LH.
Haynes Motor Museum Wed 29 Dec – Thurs 30 Dec 2021 08:30 – 18:00 Sparkford, Yeovil, BA22 7LH.
We hope you all have a happy and safe Xmas
Dr Rob Childs