Cate Dixon has set up an alternative supplier for fresh fruit and veg boxes to be delivered in Leigh. There will obviously be a very high demand for this type of service, so if you want to place a regular order, please contact Cate ASAP.
Market Street Garden veg / fruit / veg and fruit box scheme for Leigh.
Cate Dixon will act as coordinator for the village and the key points are listed below:
- Please contact Cate by email or phone or text to place your order by 3pm on a Thursday for a Friday delivery. If you don’t need a box for this week, or any week, you don’t need to contact me. Just contact me when you do want a box.
- Please specify your choice of box; veg box, fruit box or mixed fruit and veg box.
- The bill and bank details for Market Street Garden will be inside the first box delivery. You pay after your first delivery, then you can pay in advance for subsequent deliveries.
- Please pay by BACS transfer if you can. Alternatively by cheque. Details to be in your first box.
- The boxes will be delivered every Friday to the village for collection. Cate will deliver boxes to your door if you are elderly or frail – please let her know when you place your order.
- Keep the empty box and bring it back to be collected and re-used. They’re wooden boxes so good hand hygiene practice please!
- Although they will be standard boxes, Adrian is open to suggestions such as, more leafy veg/ less root veg or the other way round. He’s aiming for some variation in contents week to week. He suggests we make our comments on how it’s going and we can review it 2 weeks time.
- You can also request eggs, jam, chutney, fruit juice to be added to your order.
- The standard box will cost £30
The Market Street Garden shop on Cheap Street, Sherborne is now closed.
Typical boxes look like this